Your privacy is very important to us and we want to assure you that we take the confidentiality and security of your personal data very seriously.
1. What personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data from you whenever you interact with our websites, when you make purchases, or when you browse. When providing personal data to us through a form, we indicate which personal data is optional. Please note that, when collection of personal data is required or necessary either as needed for us to fulfil your order or based on legal obligation and you elect not to provide the personal data, we may not be able to accept or fulfil your order.
The types of personal data that we will collect, store, maintain or process includes the following.
Personal data you provide when you purchase from us
- Your contact details you provide when placing your order, including name, title, billing address, telephone numbers and e-mail address
- Recipient and delivery details you provide when placing your order, including name, address, contact telephone numbers, delivery instructions and email address
- The occasions for which you purchase our goods and services such as birthdays and anniversaries
- Any personal data contained within the card message (e.g., names and birthdays)
- Details associated with the products you order
- Details of the services you purchase or subscribe to
- When you make a purchase, your payment card details (in accordance with payment card industry standards)
- Your communication and marketing preferences including delivery updates and notifications
Additional Personal Data obtained when you use our websites
- Details of your online browsing activities on our websites such as the pages visited and the parts of the websites used
- Details of the type of device used to access our websites, your device IP address, and your device location
Additional Personal Data obtained through contact with us
- Details of your interaction with emails that we send you including links that you click and emails that you open
- If contact occurs between us, we will keep a record of that correspondence, including your name and contact data, and details of your customer care issues or other concerns and our responses
2. How we use the personal data we collect from you?
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
To fulfil your order:
- To process your order
- To process payment including payment authorisation via payment card, cheque, gift card or other third party payment processor
- To carry out identity verification and fraud prevention checks when purchasing with a payment card and validating personal data you provide via a third party payment processor
- To provide order confirmation, delivery status notifications on any order placed with us
For customer care purposes:
- To address any customer care issues that occur either with respect to a product or service, delivery, or a complaint or enquiry that you or your recipient raise with us
- To contact you with any changes, cancellation or other issues with your order
- To manage any registered accounts you have through the Websites
- To obtain customer feedback with respect to an order either from you or your recipient (to the extent permitted under the applicable law)
For internal business purposes:
We will use any of the personal data collected to help us to understand how many people visit our websites, how well the websites are working and to consider any improvements we may need to make to the websites to improve your online experience. It also helps us determine what products and services you are interested in and what you or other customers might wish to purchase from us in future.
More specifically, we may use your personal data for the following internal business purposes:
- To analyse your browsing and purchasing activity on our Websites, including any search terms you may have entered into our Websites
- To analyse the demographic data we collect when you place your order or otherwise use our Websites including your title, address, IP address, browser type, and occasions for which you purchase flowers in order to offer you better products and services and improve our business
- To analyse customers shopping with us to understand our target audience for the purposes of selecting similar customers for advertising purposes
- To analyse delivery location data you provide when placing your order to understand the delivery logistics required for our delivery network
- To analyse your responses to our marketing communications
- To ensure our online content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your electronic device(s) i.e. tailored for a desktop computer, tablet, iPhone or Android
- To obtain customer feedback with respect to an order either from you or your recipient (to the extent permitted under the applicable law) to determine the quality of the customer or recipient experience and to improve customer care experiences
- To develop and provide new or improved products or services
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related matters, including cooperation with the police and similar authorities with their lawful queries and investigations
- To confirm your identity, as necessary
- To comply with any legal obligation for the purposes of good governance or regulatory guidance with respect to applicable law
- With respect to any legal claims or related guidance by our advisors
4. How do we protect your personal data?
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy rights, and to ensuring that your personal data is safe and secure.
We will never, under any circumstances, share your personal data with third parties.
We use administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect personal data. Our security controls are designed to protect your personal data from unauthorised alteration, access, disclosure, and use. We regularly test our Websites and other assets for security vulnerabilities. In addition, our safeguards involve appropriate technical and organisational measures including encryption services, review of our data collection, storage and processing practices (including the installation of security patches, physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems) to ensure we are able to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents, regular penetration testing of systems, security controls to protect our IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access, and internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
5. How long do we keep your personal data?
We will only retain your personal data for the purposes set out in this policy and for as long as we have a legal or business requirement to do so.
6. Your rights with respect to your personal data, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
You have the following rights, detailed below:
- Right to Erasure (also known as “the Right to be Forgotten”): You may request that your personal data is removed from our systems, both online and manual filing systems
- Right to Restrict: You may request that we cease using or that we suppress your personal data.
- Right to Object: You may object to our use of your personal data.
Please note that if we erase all information about you and you make a future purchase or otherwise become a future customer, then we will not be aware of your prior requests or objections.
In respect of the additional rights outlined above, we request that you contact us via the Contact Details shown on our website.
7. Updates to this policy
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of registered and non-registered visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which is a small file stored on your browser. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser to prevent this happening. Cookies are also used as a further means of ensuring private and secure purchase sessions are operated within the Websites.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser.